A little behind, but still confident

This weekend wasn't as productive as I would have liked. I always hope weekends will be my chance to pull ahead, after all, they are theoretically less busy than the chaotic work week. But, alas, I fell behind instead of pulling ahead. It was my own fault. I should know by now that I am always busy. I seriously need to utilize my time better.

But, hope is not lost. During my lunch hour I finished the last scene in chapter 2. The next chapter includes a scene I love and can't wait to write, and then the chapter after that (I think) introduces a new character to the series who is one of my favorite secondary characters in the book. So, hopefully the next couple chapters will fly off my fingers. That said, sometimes the scenes I look forward to most take the longest because ideas get lost between the picture in my head and the keyboard, and I struggle to get the scene right. Does that ever happen to anyone else?

Well, wish me luck. I'm supposed to cross 10k tonight, but I'll be happy to hit 9k and pick up the extra thousand words tomorrow.

Current Wordcount for HB2:
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
7,084 / 90,000
(7.9%)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I struggle wiht the same thing. I can't seem to write fast enough when the scene is so vivid in my head.
What I've discovered is you should carry a little recorder around with you and then decribe the scene, even act out the words and emotions of the characters. Then play it back over and over as you write the actual scene.
Refering back to it helps, it refreshes the emotions and can even sometimes trigger an element crucial to that chapter you didn't think of at the time you recorded it.
Just a thought!!
But be forewarned... do this when you are alone or people will think you are either a) crazy
b) trying out for a drama club

or c)just plain crazy!

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?